- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 300ml Vegetable stock
- 200g Mature cheddar cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Handful of fresh chives
- Crème Fresh to serve –
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion, fry until onions have softened but not browned.
- Chop garlic, add to onions, along with the tomato puree, fry for 1 further minute
- next the chopped tomatoes, stock and grated cheese go in.
- Cook until all the cheese has melted.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste
- Cool slightly and put all the contents into a blender along with the fresh chives, blend until smooth.
- I prefer my soup sieved to make a smoother consistency.
- Serve in a bowl with a dollop of crème fresh and a few chives onto.