- 2 English Muffins
- 1 medium potato
- 1 tbsp. instant potato
- 1 tbsp. plain flour
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 75g vegetarian sausage mix
- 125g water
- Oil for frying
- Empty contents of sausage mix and follow instructions on packet, I used a Lincolnshire sausage style mix. Leave for 10 minutes to set.
- To make the hash browns, peel and grate the potato and rinse under a cold tap to remove the starch from the potato. Drain all the water from the potato, try to remove as much water as possible.
- Place potato in a bowl, add salt and pepper, instant potato and plain flour and mix well. you will need to scrunch all the ingredients together, shape into pear shapes and gently transfer to hot frying pan. make sure your oil is not to hot as you don’t want to burn the hash browns. They will take approximately 6-8 minutes to cook.
- Meanwhile shape the sausage mix into 2 sausage rounds and fry gently for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- For the eggs – Beat the eggs and mix in melted butter, place on a hot flat griddle, once set on the bottom fold into each other. this should only take a minute or two.
- Lightly toast the muffins and butter
- To serve, put all components on a plate and enjoy, I served mine with tomato sauce.
You can use regular sausage if you prefer, simply take the skin of your chosen sausage and flatten into patties.
This is the closest thing you will get to the McDonalds Big Breakfast without the meat or leaving the house.