- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic Chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 100g green beans
- 100g broccoli
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 medium potato
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 500ml hot water
- salt & pepper
- Fresh herbs, I used mint, basil & parsley
- Sour Cream to Serve –
- heat oil or butter in a large saucepan, add chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, add garlic and cook for a further minute.
- chop green beans, potato and broccoli and add to the pan, cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- next add the stock cube and water and bring to the boil, turn the heat down and cook until the potato is almost cooked.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes. add salt & pepper to taste
- Whilst the peas are cooking, place the 2 handfuls of spinach in a blender along with the fresh herbs, pour the rest of the soup mix into the blender and blend until smooth.
Once blended the soup is ready to eat. Serve with a dollop of soured cream and away you go.