- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large red pepper
- 4 fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tin of Napolina chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 4 Free range eggs
- 1 tsp Zaatar
1. In a large frying pan over medium heat, add oil and heat, add onion and saute until lightly browned.
2. Add garlic and red pepper, and sauté for a couple of minutes more.
3. Add fresh and tinned napolina tomatoes, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add paprika, turmeric, salt, pepper and sugar, stir well.
5. Gently crack eggs into pan, taking care not to break yolks.
6. Simmer until whites solidify but yolks remain slightly runny, about 8 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with Za’atar to taste