- 1 cups basmati rice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch of each fresh parsley and dill
- 14 – 16 small sweet peppers
- 2 tbsp dried mint
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 small onion
- salt and pepper
- 300g quorn mince
- 4ooml Passata
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7
- In a large shallow casserole dish, gently fry the finely chopped onion until clear and translucent.
- Add the mince and cook until browned
- Next sprinkle in the salt, pepper paprika and tomato puree and stir to mix it all in.
- Pour in the napolina passata
- Par boil the rice until it is al dente, do not over cook as it will cook further in the oven.
- once the rice is al dente add to the mince and tomato mix an gently stir through.
- Turn the heat off and set to one side.
- Chop the herbs and mix into the dish
- Next cut the tops off the peppers, remove the seeds and stems, keep the tops
- Fill each pepper with the rice and mince mix, once they are all filled, place on top of the remaining rice, drizzle the dish with olive oil, put the lid on and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes r until the peppers have gone soft.
- Remove the lid and continue to cook for a further 20 minutes to brown the peppers
- Serve on its own or with a simple salad